CAMMY J. MORRISON, SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
It’s my pleasure to welcome you to the Lyme Central School Website!
As the Superintendent of LCS, it’s always a privilege to share the many
exciting opportunities we offer our students! Please visit our website
often as we do our best to update information and photographs
While being a Superintendent is an amazing profession, I have enjoyed an exciting and rewarding career in public education for 27 years, and counting, and I have worn many hats so to speak over the years!
My career began in education in 1992 when I started my first teaching job as an elementary teacher (first grade) in the Watertown City School District. After serving as a teacher for 12 years, I completed my CAS (Certificate of Advanced Study) in Administration through Oswego and was fortunate enough to complete a full year/full time Administrative internship in Watertown as an Assistant Principal/Curriculum Coordinator. I served as the District’s K-12 Mathematics Curriculum Coordinator/Professional Development Trainer for another year or two, following my internship.
Next, I served in the Gouverneur Central School District for 8 years, first as an Elementary Principal/Special Education Supervisor and then my last four years there as the Assistant Superintendent, before accepting the Superintendency at the General Brown District. Following my first year as the Superintendent at General Brown, I took on the challenging and rewarding role of a shared-Superintendent, and split my time between GB and the Lyme Central School District for 3 years. Since that time I have been extremely pleased and very proud to serve as the full time Superintendent of Schools at Lyme! Here at LCS I am fortunate to work with some of the most competent and professional staff in the state, as well as delightful students and caring parents each and every day. It has been and continues to be a wonderful journey and it remains my privilege to serve the LCS stakeholders!
Some duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent are as follows:
- Serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the District
- Oversees organization/reorganization of Administrative, Supervisory, Instructional and Non-instructional Staff
- Makes employment recommendations to the Board of Education including appointments or terminations
- Supervises and directs all persons employed in either the business management or the instructional activities of the District
- Performs all duties and responsibilities prescribed by the Board of Education normally associated with the position of Superintendent of Schools in the State of New York