CAMMY J. MORRISON, SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
It’s my pleasure to welcome you to the Lyme Central
School Website! As the Superintendent of LCS, it’s
always a privilege to share the many exciting opportunities
we offer our students.
Please, visit our website often, as we do our best to update
information and photographs regularly.
My career in public education has spanned just over 30 years, and throughout that time I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to learn, develop and lead in four school districts in a variety of capacities…as an Elementary Teacher; Assistant Principal/Curriculum Coordinator; K-12 Curriculum Coordinator of Mathematics; Elementary Principal/Special Education Supervisor; Assistant Superintendent; Shared-Superintendent in two districts, and as the sole Superintendent.
While I will remain forever grateful for those varied, life-changing opportunities, serving our children, their families, the staff and community of the Lyme Central School District has without a doubt been the most fulfilling and rewarding time in my career!
Some duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent are as follows:
- Serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the District regarding other school systems; professional organizations; business firms; agencies of government, legal issues and the general public
- Ensures that comprehensive strategic, financial, safety and academic plans are developed, maintained and approved, annually
- Oversees the development, authorization, and the maintenance of appropriate budgetary procedures and processes
- Ensures that the District maintains a sound financial and academic standing in NYS
- Oversees hiring, organization or reorganization of Administrative, Supervisory, Instructional and Non-instructional Staff
- Ensures that effective communication and relationships with employee organizations are maintained
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for collective negotiations with employees of the District
- Makes employment recommendations to the Board of Education, including appointments or terminations
- Supervises, directs and evaluates all members of the administrative/management teams; business and district office staff
- Performs all duties and responsibilities prescribed by the Board of Education normally associated with the position of Superintendent of Schools in the State of New York