PATRICIA GIBBONS, DIRECTOR OF PUPIL SERVICES
Welcome to the Lyme Central School website! My name is
Pat Gibbons and I am proud to be the Director of Pupil Services.
I am very excited to have the opportunity to work with the students,
staff, and parents in our community. My goal is to ensure the success
of every child while creating an environment for life-long learning.
I began my teaching career in the Watertown City School District, teaching Special Education for our Jefferson-Lewis BOCES. My administrative career began right here at Lyme Central School. I served as the Building Principal and CSE Chairperson at Copenhagen Central School District. I returned to Lyme Central School in 2007 and have assumed the District position of Director of Pupil Services since 2011. I obtained my undergraduate from LeMoyne College, my Master’s Degree from SUNY Potsdam, and my CAS degree from SUNY Oswego.
As the Director of Pupil Services, I share many duties and responsibilities with my colleague, Mr. Barry Davis. Some of these duties include:
- Student discipline/parent notifications
- Overseeing the Special Education Department, chaired by school psychologist Mrs. Stacey Linkroum
- Overseeing one of the School Related Personnel (SRP) Departments
- Teacher observations
- New hire interviews/recommendations
- Grant writing
- Assisting with district data collection and submission to NYSED
- Supporting staff & students regarding curriculum implementation & development, assessments, and data collection
The administrative team is a collaborative effort that works to ensure the cohesion of all employees, the successful welfare and safety of our students and the professional learning and training for our teachers and staff. Lyme Central School is a great place for students to learn, grow and achieve. I am honored to be a part of this community. Please feel free to contact anyone of us on the administrative team with any questions or concerns.