The American Legion Auxiliary is excited to offer many great scholarships.
Click on the name of each scholarship to learn more and access the application. Please remember that all scholarship applications must be accompanied by a
SCHOLARSHIP COVER SHEET
SCHOLARSHIP COVER SHEET- Fillable PDF
1. Department Scholarship (Due March 1st) PDF Version
2. Department District Scholarship (Due March 1st) PDF Version
3. Raymond T. Wellington Jr. Memorial Scholarship (Due March 1st) PDF Version
4. MaryAnn K. Murtha Scholarship (Due March 1st) PDF Version
5. Helen Klimek Student Scholarship (Due March 1st) PDF Version
6. Past President’s Parley Scholarship (Due March 1st) PDF Version
7. The Cerullo Memorial Scholarship Fund (Due May 1st) PDF Version
The deadline for submitting applications for the American Legion Auxiliary’s Scholarships is March 1, 2022 to your local Auxiliary Unit:
1580 Columbia Turnpike, Building 1, Suite #3, Castleton-Hudson, NY 12033 (unless otherwise stated)
Open to juniors and seniors in U.S. high schools, including home-schooled students, as well as U.S. citizens attending high school overseas. Additional questions regarding eligibility may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must submit an essay between 700 and 900 words on the provided topic below.
FIRE must receive all entries by 11:59 EST, December 31, 2021. Winners will be announced by February 15, 2022.
One $10,000 first prize, one $5,000 second prize, three $1,000 third place prizes and four $500 prizes will be awarded.
Click HERE to view the essay prompt and to access the link to submit your essay!
Elks Legacy Scholarships
For the 2022 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2019, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2019, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2022. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships available to children and grandchildren of Elks members. Eligibility requirements are outlined here.
Click here to apply today!
The deadline for 2022 applications is February 7, 2022.
2021 Hagan Scholarship Application
For more information about this Scholarship, visit: https://haganscholarships.org/
1. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
2. Must attend an Eligible Public High School (Lyme is on this list!).
3. Must have achieved a 3.75 Cumulative Grade Point Average (90 or above).
4. Must enroll at an Eligible Four-Year College or University the first semester following high school graduation.
5. Must work 240 hours prior to fall semester college enrollment. Applicants have from August 2021 to August 2022 to fulfill this requirement. Preferred employment is regularly scheduled non-family employment performed under supervision for compensation. However, if you work on a family farm or for a family business this may be acceptable for first year recipients.
6. Must provide the FAFSA SAR showing the EFC (Expected Family Contribution). Must be Pell Grant eligible (complete FAFSA to determine your eligibility). The family EFC does not have to be paid, it is used only to determine award amounts.
7. Must apply for Federal and State grants if eligible.
8. Must not have a felony conviction.
Deadline: DECEMBER 1st, 2021
Link to application: https://fs28.formsite.com/DanHagan/y9ypltcelz/form_login.html
The $2,500 "No Sweat" Scholarship is available to apply for!
- No GPA requirements
- No minimum income requirements
- No essay to write!
Deadline: December 31st, 2021
Please see the attachment for more information.
Senior NHS Members - Here is scholarship opportunity just for you!
NHS student members who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the NHS Scholarship this year:
Applicant must be:
- A high school senior
- An active NHS member in good standing
- Currently enrolled at a school with an affiliated NHS chapter
- A member of the graduating class of 2022
- Planning to enroll at a postsecondary college or university in fall 202
Please see the attached document for more information on how to apply!
Applications are due by December 1st, 2021.
Heisman Scholarship for Community-Minded Athletes
Seniors! Please see the criteria below. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is OCTOBER 21st, 2021 by 6 PM.
Link to apply: Heisman Athlete Scholarship
Explore additional scholarship opportunities at the following websites, through activities you participate in and through the employers and organizations your parents and relatives are involved with.Popular Scholarship Websites
College Week Live
College Board Opportunity